ESOP Operational Issues
Nancy DittmerNancy Dittmer is a managing director for Verisight. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. She is located in the Des Moines office. Nancy has nearly 25 years of experience in the employee benefits field. As the leader of Verisight's national employee stock ownership plan (ESOP) administration and consulting practice, Nancy is responsible for all of the ESOP services that the firm offers to its clients. These include feasibility studies, repurchase obligation forecasting, annual participant accounting and reporting, consultation on issues affecting mature ESOPs, and Internal Revenue Code Section 409(p) testing. Nancy is a frequent author and speaker at national ESOP conferences.
Nancy's professional affiliations include the ESOP Association (where she serves on the Administration Advisory Committee and the Interdisciplinary Advisory Committee on Fiduciary Issues), the NCEO (where she serves on the board of directors), the Employee-Owned S Corporations of America (ESCA), the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), and the Iowa Society of CPAs.
Nancy received a Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Iowa State University.
Columns in This Series
- Section 409(p) Testing (Part 2) (April 11, 2013)
- Section 409(p) Testing (Part 1) (December 12, 2012)
- ESOP Diversification (Part Four) (April 2, 2012)
- ESOP Diversification (Part Three) (December 9, 2011)
- ESOP Diversification (Part Two) (January 12, 2011)
- ESOP Diversification (Part One) (September 20, 2010)
- Allocation Restrictions Triggered by a Section 1042 Sale to an ESOP (Part 3) (June 16, 2010)
- Allocation Restrictions Triggered by a Section 1042 Sale to an ESOP (Part 2) (May 18, 2010)
- Allocation Restrictions Triggered by a Section 1042 Sale to an ESOP (Part 1) (March 21, 2010)
- Allocation Methods for ESOP Activity (February 15, 2010)
- Making ESOP Debt Payments with Dividends or S Corporation Distributions (January 20, 2010)
- How to Make Stock Distributions to Former ESOP Participants (December 8, 2009)
- Distributions to Former Participants in Company Stock (Part 2) (November 9, 2009)
- Distributions to Former Participants in Company Stock (Part 1) (October 7, 2009)
- Determining the Cost Basis of S Corporation Shares (September 3, 2009)
- Impact on ESOP Participants of S Corporation Status (August 6, 2009)
- How Many "Buckets" of Shares Does Your ESOP Have? (July 15, 2009)
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Contributions Made to an ESOP: More Details (June 23, 2009)
- Safe Harbor 401(k) Contributions Made to an ESOP (June 3, 2009)