Home » About the NCEO »
Join the NCEO
Sign up now ($90 for most people)Our over 3,000 members receive:
- The Employee Ownership Report, our highly informative newsletter on employee stock plans and participation (read a sample article here), plus the Equity Compensation Report, our supplemental PDF newsletter on equity compensation;
- Discounts on all our many publications and seminars (including our annual conference) that are effective as soon as you join, often adding up to a significant part or all the membership fee;
- Dozens of free Webinars on ESOPs and equity compensation every year;
- Access to the members-only area of this site, including our referral service (a searchable database of service providers), a searchable archive of newsletters, a stock plan glossary, and our discussion forum; and
- The right to call or email with questions.
In a field as large and complex as this, the education and support you will receive from your NCEO membership—from our newsletter, books, meetings, assistance from NCEO staff, discussion forum, and more—will be vital. Our resources can and will help you at any point, whether you are deciding whether to install a plan in the first place or addressing a situation with an established plan. Corey Rosen, our cofounder and senior staff member, has written an essay that explains this: Why You Should Join the NCEO.
Who Should JoinAnyone who deals with employee stock plans and participation at any stage of the process should join the NCEO:
- Companies that are considering a plan, implementing a plan, or working with an existing plan. Your membership benefits (such as discounts on books and seminars, access to the members-only area of the Web site, and ability to contact us with questions) will extend to everyone else at the company.
- Service providers in relevant fields (attorneys, accountants, appraisers, investment advisors, brokerage firms, administrators, software providers, trustee and fiduciary service providers, communication and education advisors, general consultants, etc.). A regular membership will be individual to you. However, if you join as a Referral Service member, your membership benefits (such as discounts on books and seminars, access to the members-only area of the Web site, and ability to contact us with questions) are will extend to everyone else at your office (but not other locations).
- Academics and other individuals who are interested in this field.
How to JoinJoining the NCEO does not require you to submit detailed information about your company or obligate you to do anything except pay for membership—it's no more involved than subscribing to a magazine. Unlike some other organizations, we will not automatically renew your membership—your credit card will never be charged for anything you do not specifically order. Instead, when your membership is due to expire, we will send you a renewal notice, giving you the opportunity to renew if you so choose. NCEO membership fees are tax-deductible.
To join, simply click the button for the appropriate membership category below to add it to your shopping cart, and then check out. If you add anything else to your cart before checking out, you will receive the members-only discounts because you are joining.
Cost: $90.00 in the U.S.; $100.00 outside the U.S.This is our standard membership. This level of membership applies to you individually if you are a consultant or other service provider in the employee stock plan field (attorney, plan administrator, etc.). If you are a company, on the other hand, it applies to the entire company, and renewals will be at a higher rate, based on a sliding scale.
Referral Service Membership
Cost: $350.00 in the U.S.; $360.00 outside the U.S.In addition to all the Associate Membership benefits, a Referral Service membership provides a listing for consultants and other employee ownership service providers in the Referral Service, a searchable database in the members-only area of this site. While we do not recommend any individual firms, we do direct all inquiries for providers to the Referral Service. Additionally, unlike a regular membership for a service provider, a Referral Service membership extends to other people at your location (but not to different offices). Finally, Referral Service members receive preference for all NCEO speaking and meeting sponsorship opportunities. After you join, you will be sent a URL where you will enter your information for the Referral Service. The NCEO reviews all applications for Referral Service membership and reserves the right to refuse such membership.
Cost: $40.00 in the U.S.; $50.00 outside the U.S.Academic membership is solely for full-time students or teachers who are not employed in the business sector and do not have a personal business interest in the subject. If you select this membership level, we may check to ensure that you are not a businessperson and/or request that you provide identification.