End-to-End Approval and Acceptance Processes: From Boards to Participants
About This MeetingThis session explores equity compensation best practices for the portion of the award lifecycle that spans from board approval to employee acceptance. The session will also cover situations where administrators have found themselves in difficult situations (such as granting unapproved grants or dealing with the enforceability of unsigned grant agreements) and will suggest practices to get grants back on track. We will focus on leveraging technology to minimize risk. Stock plan software systems have undergone major improvements over the last few years that plan administrators should leverage to streamline approval and acceptance.
- Discuss industry best practices on grant approval and acceptance processes
- Focus on leveraging technology to streamline process, enforce rules, and reduce risk
- Discussion on enforceability of unsigned contracts (grant agreements)
- Case studies/legal cases
- Evolution of grant acceptance practices relating to participant system access and mobile devices
This Webinar has already taken place. It is available as a free replay in the members-only area of this site.
From Our Equity Compensation Webinar Series
- Each one-hour Webinar features an experienced authority in the field discussing current equity compensation topics relevant to both private and public companies.
- Discuss current administrative and other issues with fellow practitioners without leaving your office!
- Free for NCEO members
This replay was recorded on March 27, 2013.
Solium Corporate FocusRoberta Jones, CEP has over 30 years' experience as a senior corporate paralegal in California law firms and high tech companies. As a Certified Equity Professional, Roberta's expertise is in the area of equity administration and capitalization reporting, having worked with hundreds of venture-backed, Silicon Valley companies. Roberta currently works at Solium in the Support & Implementation Group of Corporate Focus assisting law firms and venture-backed companies who use Corporate Focus for their corporate governance and equity reporting needs.
Solium OptionEaseBryan Wells, CEP is a product manager at Solium, where he researches the business requirements for new product features and manages development from a business perspective for OptionEase. Prior to his current position, Bryan was a project manager at OptionEase, where he managed the development of key client customizations. Before that, Bryan worked as an implementation specialist at OptionEase, where he both implemented new clients and assisted clients with professional services. Prior to joining OptionEase, Bryan performed financial analysis for two early stage medical device companies. Bryan holds an MBA with a finance focus from the Paul Merage School of Business at UC Irvine and has held the CEP designation since July 2012.