Home » Publications »
GPS: Stock Options
by Dan Walter, Jim Vincent, Jennifer Namazi, Jennifer George, Elizabeth Stoudt, and Sarah Roberts
$12.00 for NCEO members; $12.00 for nonmembers
If you need to order more than the maximum number in the drop-down list below, change the quantity once you have added it to your shopping cart.
This publication does not address grants to nonemployees, Section 409A deferred compensation issues, international and mobile employee issues, or private companies.
Format: Perfect-bound book, 122 pages
Dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches
Edition: 1st (March 2016)
Status: In stock
2. Basic Concepts and Plan Design
3. General Administration
4. Administration Models and Technology
5. Grant Process
6. Exercise Process
7. Tax and Payroll Issues
8. Financial Reporting
9. Legal Issues
10. Changes of Employment Status
11. Employee Communications
Appendix A: Common Equity Compensation Terms
Appendix B: Acknowledgements
Appendix C: About the Authors
Appendix D: About Our Sponsors
- A termination was not timely recorded in HRIS; therefore, the termination was not timely recorded in the stock plan platform. If an employee inadvertently receives a grant after termination, the grant may be invalid under the terms of the Plan. When the termination is recorded, the invalid grant is identified. Voiding the invalid grant is a post-dated transaction.
- An option was granted to Tony W. (William) Chun, but inadvertently recorded in the stock plan platform as granted to Tony W. (Washington) Chun. When the problem is identified, the option record is changed to the correct employee. Changing the grant details to correct an error is a post-dated transaction.
Note—Using unique employee ID numbers should eliminate this problem.