Press CenterThe National Center for Employee Ownership (NCEO) is a private, nonprofit membership and research organization that serves as the leading source of accurate, unbiased information on employee stock ownership plans (ESOPs), equity compensation plans such as stock options, and ownership culture. We are the main publisher and research source in the field, hold dozens of Webinars and in-person meetings annually, and provide services to our thousands of members.
Although we publish many books and other resources on employee ownership, you will find many articles on our site that explain what the various employee ownership plans are, how they work, what the basic statistics are, and what researchers have found. Below are some selected links you may find useful. Contact information is in the sidebar on this page.
- A Brief Overview of Employee Ownership in the U.S.
- ESOPs by the Numbers
- A Comprehensive Overview of Employee Ownership
- A Guide to Doing Academic Research on Employee Ownership
- A Statistical Profile of Employee Ownership
- Key Studies on Employee Ownership and Corporate Performance
- Data Show Widespread Employee Ownership in U.S.
- Employee Ownership and Corporate Performance
- Employee Ownership Companies Pay Less for Workers' Compensation Costs
- ESOPs, Broad-Based Stock Options, and the Stock Market
- How to Choose an Employee Stock Plan for Your Company
- Research Evidence on Prevalence and Effects of Employee Ownership
- The Employee Ownership 100: America's Largest Majority Employee-Owned Companies
- Employee-Owned Companies (some employee-owned companies familiar to consumers)