National ESOP Database
The ESOP Database is a comprehensive nationwide list of ESOP companies (last updated December 2018). Each listing includes participant count, sponsor industry, leveraged status, S or C corporation status, the plan effective date, sponsor street address, and numerous other fields.
Regional ESOP Databases
Separate databases are available for each of the nine U.S. Census regions. These smaller lists include all of the same data fields as the national ESOP Database.
- Division 1: New England: CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT
- Division 2: Middle Atlantic: NJ, NY, PA
- Division 3: East North Central: IL, IN, MI, OH, WI
- Division 4: West North Central: IA, KS, MN, MO, NE, ND, SD
- Division 5: South Atlantic: DE, DC, FL, GA, MD, NC, SC, VA, WV
- Division 6: East South Central: AL, KY, MS, TN
- Division 7: West South Central: AR, LA, OK, TX
- Division 8: Mountain: AZ, CO, ID, MT, NV, NM, UT, WY
- Division 9: Pacific: AK, CA, HI, OR, WA