About the Community Conversations
Community Conversations are free and open to both our community and the general public, focus on timely employee ownership topics. These talks bring experts to the fore, connecting the employee ownership world more broadly while keeping our members, stakeholders, and other interested parties informed on important issues.
Join us for our second installment in the Community Conversations series How Colorado is Taking the Lead in Employee Ownership.
Thanks to a wide variety of factors, including recent state legislation, Colorado has become perhaps the most employee-ownership-friendly state in the country, creating a model for how other states can help move employee ownership forward. Their state-funded outreach program helps companies convert to employee ownership, and Colorado boasts one of the most active and effective non-profit state employee ownership centers in the country. This conversation will focus on the role of state employee ownership centers, how state governments can support employee ownership, and what interested stakeholders in other states can learn from Colorado's recent successes.
View the recording below or download the transcript.
- Check out this slide deck for more information about State Centers across the country.
- Learn more about the Colorado employee-owned loan program
- Learn more about the Colorado tax program
- State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) Resource Center
- Nikki Maloney, Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade
- Amy Beres, Rocky Mountain Employee Ownership Center (RMEOC)
- Steve Storkan, Employee Ownership Expansion Network