Considering an ESOP? The process can seem daunting at first, but we’re here to help.
We have developed the ESOP Introductory Package, a tool kit of resources to help you determine if an ESOP is right for you and where to go next. Because we want to make it easy and affordable for companies to consider ESOPs, we have priced this at just $140.
This offering is a packet of readings, webinars, ready-to-use sample documents, resource lists, and research that draws on the NCEO’s decades-old history of talking with business owners, conducting research, and distilling common lessons and best practices into an easily usable format.
Going through this material will help you know if it makes sense to take the next steps in an ESOP. When you are done, you will know
- If your situation meets the “tripwire” criteria for ESOP suitability
- How well the benefits of ESOPs match your goals
- The pros and cons of the major types of ESOP transactions
- The steps in creating an ESOP
- Your next steps
This guide does not replace the need for an ESOP feasibility study, which may be an important next step. If a formal ESOP feasibility study makes sense, this guide will help you get started with designing an RFP for a feasibility study and selecting some providers to bid on that RFP.
You may determine that an ESOP is not the right fit for you or your company, or that now is not the right time. The ESOP Introductory Package is designed to help you make that determination as quickly as possible and to give you ideas for alternative approaches that may make sense.
For $140 you will receive a full 6 month membership, including:
- Webinar replays on ESOP basics you can view any time
- Articles and documents that explain how these plans work
- The ability to call or email us with questions about ESOPs
- Access to member pricing on introductory consulting
You will also receive the following publications:
- Selling Your Business to an ESOP
- Introduction to ESOPs
- The issue brief Moving On: Making the Transition After Selling to an ESOP
- Two short introductory booklets (freely available to download here and here)
View the index of recommended resources here.
Get started on the path to employee ownership with the ESOP Introductory Package.
Already have an ESOP Introductory Package subscription or current NCEO membership? Click here to go to the executive summary.